The CCSP certification allows you to showcase your cloud knowledge and improve your organization’s security posture. It can also help you obtain an increase in compensation and create better positioning for new job opportunities.
Prerequisites for this CCSP Training
While there are no prerequisites for this course, it assumes that you have basic knowledge of information security and cloud concepts.
CCSP Course Goals
By the end of this CCSP course, students should be able to:
- Know what the CCSP certification exam is about
- Understand all six CCSP domains
- Be prepared for the CCSP exam
In our Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) course, you will obtain a complete understanding of security risks and mitigation strategies associated with data security in the cloud and become prepared to pass the CCSP certification exam.
What is CCSP?
CCSP is the acronym for Certified Cloud Security Professional. It is a fairly new certification, introduced in 2015 by the ISC2 and the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA), that was created due to the increased popularity of the cloud and the security risks that came along with it. The designation signifies that individuals who have earned it have a thorough understanding of the security associated with the cloud, but also with software, information and other cyber environments.
What Does this online CCSP Training Entail?
Our online Certified Cloud Security Professional course will provide you with the knowledge and skills to protect your organization’s cloud environment. With more and more companies moving information to the cloud, it has become crucial to have experts in cloud computing. This course will allow you to become one of those experts.
CCSP training covers all topics related to CCSP certification, preparing you to successfully pass the certification exam. Upon completion, you will have comprehensive knowledge to understand the security challenges that are common to different types of cloud services, to select and implement appropriate controls to ensure the security of cloud environments, and the ability to identify, evaluate, and mitigate risks to your organization's cloud environment. You will take an in-depth look at all six core domains of the CCSP common body of knowledge:
- Architectural concepts and design requirements Cloud data security
- Cloud platform and Infrastructure security
- Cloud Application security
- Legal and compliance
How Useful is CCSP Certification?
Obtaining your CCSP certification shows that you are a competent, knowledgeable, cloud security specialist who has hands-on experience in the field. Just by having the certification, you will be qualified for a number of job opportunities and a better salary.
Some of the common job titles for CCSP certified employees include:
- Security Administrator
- Security Manager
- Security Architect
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Security Consultant
- Systems Engineer
- Systems Architect
- Enterprise Architect
This, of course, isn’t an exhaustive list. The above job titles could potentially represent many different roles within an organization.
Becoming CCSP certified also means that you will likely be able to secure a higher salary than counterparts without certification. Exact salaries are hard to quote because the positions and organizations for CCSPs are so varied.
What Does a Certified Cloud Security Professional Do?
A major part of being a Certified Cloud Security Professional is identifying critical information and executing the measures that reduce or eliminate the risk of exploitation for organizations. Knowledge of cloud architecture is needed to run and manage it. Some of the responsibilities of a CCSP may include:
- Building and implementing infrastructures for cloud environments
- Operating and overseeing infrastructures for cloud environments
- Managing physical infrastructures for cloud environments
- Building and operating logical infrastructures for cloud environments
- Ensuring compliance with regulation and controls
- Conducting risk assessments of physical and logical infrastructures
- Understanding how to acquire, collect and preserve digital evidence
- Managing communication with and identifying relevant parties
- Auditing and monitoring of tools, mechanisms, and facilities
What is Involved in the CCSP Certification Exam?
The CCSP certification exam is a three-hour exam with 125 multiple-choice questions. You must earn at least 700 out of 1,000 points to pass successfully. The exam covers the six CCSP domains, which are individually weighted as follows:
- Cloud Concepts, Architecture, and Design
- Cloud Data Security
- Cloud Platform and Infrastructure Security
- Cloud Application Security
- Cloud Security Operations
- Legal, Risk, and Compliance
You also must have the following to qualify for certification:
- At least five years paid work experience in information technology
- Three of the five years must consist of work in information security, and one year in one or more of the six domains (above)